ITALIAN CHEESE CULINARIA
MAY 13, 2018 TO MAY 19, 2018
LOMBARDY, EMILIA ROMAGNA & TUSCANY, ITALY
Join Oldways and renowned cheese expert Cathy Strange for a week-long cheese and food extravaganza in northern Italy! We’ll start in Milan and enjoy the city’s great restaurant scene, as well as daytime visits to artisan producers of Gorgonzola and Taleggio. Next we’ll be based in Parma for several days in order to visit producers of Parmigiano-Reggiano, Formaggio di Fossa, and Prosciutto di Parma, and to experience a hands-on cooking class (everyone cooks!). We’ll then head to Tuscany to complete our week with a visit to a producer of Pecorino Toscano—but not before we stop in Modena for Aceto Balsamico Tradizionale and in Bologna to experience the food-focused city and Italy’s oldest bar.
Our cheese exploration will include:
- Visits to farms and dairies to experience the making of traditional cheeses in the regions of Lombardy, Emilia Romagna, and Tuscany.
- Visits to prosciutto and vinegar producers in Emilia Romagna.
- Guided visits of historic and cultural highlights in Parma, Milan, and Bologna.
- Visits to classic markets.
- Amazing meals featuring the traditional ingredients and foods of northern Italy—from neighborhood trattorias, country inns, and castles, to classic city restaurants.
- Guided wine tastings.
- Hands-on cooking class.
- And much, much more!
We’ll meet in Milan on May 13, 2018. The price of the tour includes most meals, hotel accommodations for 7 nights, and tour activities and meals. Participants make their own arrangements for airfare and transportation to/from the airport at the beginning and end of the Culinaria.
We hope you’ll join us for an unforgettable cheese experience!
For more information, click here to ﬁll out our webform.