MEMBERSHIP LEVELS FOR PRODUCERS AND INDUSTRY PARTNERS
Diamond – US $10,000 annually
For Cheesemakers, Associations, and Guilds. The OCC will showcase you as leader in the industry.
Exclusive Producer Diamond benefit:
Your Logo and Brand on an OCC White Paper. The OCC will work with you to define a topic that is of outmost importance to your brand. Our staff will research the topic, write the White Paper, and publish it, incorporating your logo and cheese information. (Plus Platinum, Gold/Silver, and Bronze benefits)
Platinum – US $5,000 annually
For Cheesemakers, Associations, and Guilds. The OCC will promote your cheese as a leading example of a traditional cheesemaker.
Platinum Producer benefit:
The OCC will support your brand by promoting you in a series of 250-word segments in different Oldways newsletters reaching over 7,000 engaged consumers, including dietitians, food advocates, and health specialists. (Plus Gold/Silver, and Bronze benefits)
Gold – US $2,500 ANNUALLY
For cheesemakers with a national presence.
Gold Producer benefits: The OCC will support your brand by promoting you on social media, and in our upcoming events. (Plus Bronze benefits)
Silver – US $1,000 ANNUALLY
For cheesemakers with a regional presence, wishing to expand their brand recognition. Also ideal for Distributors and Brokers.
Silver Producer benefits: Your logo will appear on our website and your cheeses will be featured in one of our newsletters.
Silver Industry benefits: You have the opportunity of selecting one cheese brand to be included on our website. We will promote their products as Bronze Cheesemaker Member. (Plus Bronze benefits)
Bronze – US $500 ANNUALLY
For Advocates of artisanal cheeses
Bronze small industry benefits: Your logo will be included in our website under the Industry Members section and we will promote your events on our social media outlets.
The Oldways Cheese Coalition (OCC) stands out as one of the most trusted voices in the cheese world – because we care passionately about cheese, and because we get results.
We partner with Producers, Retailers, and other Industry supporters to carry out a wide variety of activities and campaigns to educate consumers and promote the benefits of traditional and raw milk cheese, including:
1. Consumer education campaigns promoting traditional, artisanal, and raw milk cheeses – domestic and international.
2. Political advocacy to protect the rights of consumers and cheesemakers, when it comes to traditional, artisanal, and raw milk cheeses.
Raw Milk Cheese Appreciation Day (annually, in mid-April)
To accelerate momentum and support for traditional cheeses, we celebrated the third annual Raw Milk Cheese Appreciation Day in 2017, with participation from more than 600 retail outlets in 14 countries. The success of this truly international event was felt throughout the industry and beyond, with news articles and promotional campaigns around the world. For our fourth Raw Milk Cheese Appreciation Day on April 21st, 2018, our goal is to further expand the number of participating retailers and add other exciting features to the celebration.
Cheese Matters Newsletter (quarterly)
Our Cheese Matters Quarterly newsletter is a trusted resource for retailers and cheese enthusiasts alike. It combines information about specific cheeses and producers, cheese community news, research and White Paper highlights, and our new Tips from the Expert section. Our members find it invaluable for training new employees and for sharing with customers who want more information. We now reach over 4500 cheese lovers around the world, but primarily in the US and Canada. Review past issues here.
Website and Social Media (ongoing)
Our resource-rich website provides the best, most unbiased sources of information on traditional cheeses for consumers, producers, and retailers alike. We commission and collect scientific, cultural, and health-related studies, which are reviewed and updated by a dedicated group of advisers, including some of the best biologists, microbial researchers, and social scientists working at the forefront of their respective fields. Our site also provides in-depth summaries on raw milk regulations and other topics of interest to those who care about traditional cheesemaking. All Oldways Cheese Coalition members are featured on our website and promoted in ongoing social media campaigns.
Urgent Legislative and Regulatory Response
In 2015, we responded to the US Food and Drug Administration’s request for information about consumer attitudes toward cheese by fielding a major national survey, which received more than 2,500 responses! Our survey found that:
• 90% of U.S. cheese lovers believe they should be able to choose raw milk cheeses,
• 73% actively seek out raw milk cheese for their probiotic properties, and
• 86% want to support artisan producers in the U.S. and abroad.
We used these responses to submit official comments to the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and to coordinate a petition to senators and congressional legislators demanding FDA clarify standards for non-toxigenic E. coli.
Our efforts were successful: On February 8th, the FDA announced that it is backing off on its testing program for non-toxigenic E. coli in cheese.
Thank you for your interest in joining the Oldways Cheese Coalition.
Please submit your contact information below
Oldways Mediterranean Foods Alliance
Bonus for all membership levels: Add an MFA membership for 50% off (contact us for pricing). Beneﬁts of membership in the Mediterranean Foods Alliance include:
· Coupons for your products included in packages to customers who buy from our online store
· Your logo featured in a slider of MFA supporter logos on the Oldways website
· Use of the Mediterranean Diet packaging symbols on your qualifying products and recipes
· Your qualifying products listed on the Mediterranean Pantry page with links to your website
· Use of Oldways’ Mediterranean Diet resources in your own marketing
· 4 recipes per year featured in our popular bi-weekly Fresh Fridays consumer newsletter (roughly 14,000 subscribers)
· Opportunities to participate in Oldways’ Mediterranean Diet programming, such as International Mediterranean Diet Month in May
· 10% oﬀ Oldways products, including The Oldways 4-Week Mediterranean Diet Menu Plan book
· Opportunities to create custom projects with Oldways on a contract basis, such as brochures or webinars